What is NICE?
NICE helps practitioners and commissioners get the best care to people, fast, while ensuring value for the taxpayer.
We do this by:
- producing useful and usable guidance for health and care practitioners
- providing rigorous, independent assessment of complex evidence for new health technologies
- developing recommendations that focus on what matters most and drive innovation into the hands of health and care practitioners
- encouraging the uptake of best practice to improve outcomes for everyone.
What are NICE’s priorities?
NICE is a world-class organisation based on independence, transparency and rigour – and that remains our foundation. However, the world around us is changing and requires us to transform in 3 ways to help practitioners and commissioners get the best care to patients fast and ensure value for the taxpayer.
Our priority is to:
1. Focus on what matters most
- prioritising advice based on system intelligence
- developing innovative methods to ensure our decisions reflect what matters most to society, and the system.
2. Create useful and useable advice
- providing streamlined, proportionate advice
- delivering a single integrated product, tailored by audience.
3. Being part of a system that constantly learns from data and Implementation
- interlinking with the system
- using real world data
- building local and international partnerships.